The Critical Languages Program offers less commonly taught languages (LCTLs) which are not available in traditional departments or formats at the University of Arizona. See our current list of languages on the right side of this page, or request a language.
About the courses
All basic language courses emphasize speaking and aural comprehension at the elementary and intermediate levels while a writing component is incorporated at the advanced level. Languages offered vary from semester to semester and year to year, depending upon student demand. See how to register for CLP courses. CLP courses can fulfill your degree language requirement and can also be applied to a minor in Critical Languages, Intercultural Studies and thematic minor.
CONGRATULATIONS TO FALL 2018 SEMESTER SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS!
- 9-11 Memorial Scholarship: Maya Klein studying Scots-Gaelic, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Esther Chepchumba Machibya Memorial Scholarship (Swahili): Jake Meyers, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Gerd Bonner Memorial Scholarship (Swedish): Nicholas Malmgren, Eller College of Management
- Julie Reitan Memorial Scholarship (Swahili): Nupur Joshi, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Roy A. Johnson Memorial Scholarship (Swedish): Rachel Spinti, College of Science
- Hellenic Cultural Foundation Scholarship (Modern Greek): Angel Bustamante, College of Humanities