Critical Languages Tutoring Program (CLTP) and the Critical Languages Tutor Training Certification Program (CLTCP) Application Payment and Refund Policies
- Application, MMR proof and payment must all be received before tutoring/SIW can begin.
- No discounts may be applied to tutoring (CLTP).
- NASILP member discounts are available for Tutoring Certification (CLTCP).
Matching, re-matching, refunds, transfers
- Students should allow two weeks to be matched with their tutor.
- Every attempt will be made to accommodate students’ needs and schedules. In some cases, it may not be possible to match a student or group with a tutor. In such cases, the students will receive a 100% tuition refund (application fee is nonrefundable).
- Once the students receive their tutor’s contact information, they should contact their tutors. If a student makes multiple attempts and fails to establishcontact with a tutor within one week, the student must inform the Tutoring Coordinator immediately. The student can then be re-matched with a new tutor or receive a 100% refund of the tuition (application fee is nonrefundable).
- If a student fails to respond to a tutor within two weeks of being matched, the student will lose the tutoring/workshop purchased.
- If a student/group has had one meeting with a tutor (approximately 1 hour or less) and is not satisfied, the student(s) must inform the Tutoring Coordinator immediately. The student(s) can then be re-matched with a new tutor or receive a 90% refund of the cost (however, application fee is non-refundable).
- If 2 hours or more of tutoring/teaching have taken place and the student(s) are not satisfied, the student(s) must inform the Tutoring Coordinator immediately. The student(s) can then be re-matched with a new tutor or receive up to 50% refund of the tuition with the departmental consent (however, application fee is non-refundable).
- Students must inform the tutor and Tutoring Coordinator immediately of all concerns.
- Missing three tutoring/workshop appointments without proper (24-hour in advance) cancellation will result in a loss of remaining tutoring/workshop hours.
- Tutoring/workshop hours may not be transferred to other students.
- Tutoring/SIW students must be at least 18 years of age unless there is an agreement with another institution.
- CLP tutoring and SIWs must take place on the University of Arizona campus, unless there is an agreement with another institution.
- 10 hours of tutoring/workshop time should be completed within approximately 15 weeks.
- If a student or group must miss a tutoring/workshop appointment, s/he must cancel with the tutor at least 24 hours before the appointment. Instructor is only required to wait for 15 minutes for the group to arrive, after that the session is charged, if no prior cancelations had been made.
- Current CLP students are limited to 5 hours of tutoring/workshop time per week.
- Current CLP students may not be tutored by their own teachers.
- Tutoring/workshop students must abide by the UA Code of Conduct:
- Current UofA students must have permission from a language program director, if the language is offered for credit in a Non-CLP department.